Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Phone Call :)

Woo-hoo! I got a phone call from Duke last night. Yayyy. We talked on the phone for 5 minutes and 22 seconds and then he had to go. Hearing his voice was so nice. I sent him a care package yesterday, and it's a bummer that it will likely take a month or so the get there because I want him to have it TODAY! Haha.

I think he would be super proud of me. I feel like I'm doing pretty good (with the deployment) so far.

It seems like I have been spending wayyy too much time on the computer lately. But, I am trying to save money and if I go out, I know I will want to buy something. Ha. So here I am. Yesterday, I went to VS to pay my bill and was standing in line behind another girl. She and the cashier were chatting it up about having military pride and whatnot and I wasn't really paying attention. (I usually keep conversations like this to myself unless someone personally asks about Duke or my opinion). Anyway, the girl in front of me grabbed her purchases and said goodbye, and as I approached the counter, the sales associate said, "she just got back from Afghanistan, can you believe that?" And then I said, "well---actually, my husband is there right now." She couldn't believe it. I think her exact words were, "wow, two people that have some kind of experience like that were just here together." I don't know why she was so surprised. Military, Veterans, and military families are everywhere. It's not something that everyone talks about all the time because for some people, it's just everyday life. But I feel like it is important to be thankful and appreciative. I am so, so glad to live here in America. And I am very thankful for what all of our troops do.



Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, deployment buddies :) Thanks for following; it's nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)