Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Good Read

I finished a really great book a few days ago called The Five People You Meet in Heaven. It's written by Mitch Albom, also the author of Tuesdays with Morrie (another fantastic read, by the way). :)


I cannot say or write enough good things about this book. It's a must read. I read it in one day. Here are a few memorable quotes...

"Dying? Not the end of everything. We think it is. But what happens on Earth is only the beginning."

~

"Lost love is still love, Eddie. It takes a different form, that's all. You can't see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when those senses weaken, another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it."

~

"Life has to end," she said. "Love doesn't."

~~~~~

On another note, I had a pretty good day today. I had to take Breena to work with me so she could get her Rabies vaccine and she had a small growth removed from her face. She was soo sweet today. Here is a photo of her from last night.



Omigosh. So cute.

I missed a phone call from Duke while I was in an exam room though and it made me so sad. I held my phone for the rest of the day hoping he could call back. I hate that feeling, but it is bound to happen sometimes.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)