Monday, October 3, 2011

New Outlook, Awesome Weekend.

So, I have pretty much decided that I am going to stop stressing out about my future career and stop pressuring myself to figure out what I want to do with my life. I tend to stress about this a lot, especially lately. I recently got married, I am 23 years old, and I have pretty much changed my mind about a million times about what I want to do. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my job now, but it's not exactly what I want to do for the rest of my life. But I want to do something that I really love. And right now, I am just not sure what that is. So, I have decided that I am going to stop freaking out about it and just enjoy life as it comes along.




And I totally signed up for a painting class on Wednesday. Sounds fun, right? I am soo flipping excited about it. I feel like I have been doing great with this deployment, but the last couple of days have gotten the better of me and I need to get out of the house and do something new. Yayyyy! Hurry up, Wednesday!

Speaking of the deployment, I saw this today and liked it.


Cute. And very true.

I got to talk to Duke for about 15 minutes on Saturday (exciting!). I think I am starting to have a hard time because I only get to talk to him twice a week (although, I know I am lucky, it could be wayyy worse). He says that his guys are working 36 hours shifts (crazy!) and he only gets a 12 hour break in between to sleep and usually ends up working most of that, too. I feel sooo bad. Poor guy. He is definitely not one to complain though. At all. He is one tough cookie and an awesome Marine.

I live in a pretty small town and we had our annual Fall Festival over the weekend. This is probably the only year that I have gotten super excited about it. My BFF, Brittney, and her husband, Nathan (a veteran), came into town and it was sooo good to see them. Brittney is pretty much the most awesome person ever. And I met up with Duke's little brother and hung out with him, too. This is us on the Ferris wheel. He pretty much made me ride it. But it was fun.




The weekend was just the kind of thing that I needed.

For makeup junkies like me:

So, on a completely different note, I was thinking yesterday that I am so much more girlie than I ever have been before. I loove makeup and girlie things. I really love Benefit makeup. It is my favorite. It's the cutest ever and all of their stuff is great.




They have a new mascara that I have been dying to try, but I was waiting for my Diorshow to get used up first. So, I decided it was finally time to get it. Best. Mascara. Ever.  



You won't be disappointed. I wore it all weekend and it was awesome and lasted all day.

Anyway, this has kind of been a random post, so thanks for reading! :)


1 comment:

  1. about the career thing, just do what i wanna do... own a walmart so you can cart race up and down the isles!
    :)-Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)